PRIVACY STATEMENT AND COOKIE
This privacy statement applies to www.touristhouseghiberti.com owned and operated by Tourist House Ghiberti Srl.
We have provided this Privacy Statement as an explanation of how we collect, how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our web site and during your relationship with us, with whom and for what purposes we may share the information, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Booking a room
- Check-in and paying
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes
- Your communications
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email
- Transmission of information from third parties, tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others
- Connection to the website (IP address, cookies)
- Online forms (online reservations, questionnaires, requests, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.).
Our website does not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. The under 18 years old can use our website with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
"Personal data" means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
If you are entering data on behalf of another person, you warrant us that you are authorized by that person to enter their personal data onto our system, and that information is accurate and correct.
WHICH TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
Tourist House Ghiberti may collect personally identifiable information from people under the age of 18 as part of the guest registration process, but always with the consent of such person’s parent or guardian.
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code)
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used)
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you are using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information, which is subject to this privacy statement.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We are fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personal data furnished by, or collected from you while using our web site, products and services. It is our standard practice not to ask you for information unless we need it.
The main purpose for collecting your personal data is to allow us to provide you with the requested services such as processing a transaction. In addition, information may be collected for the following purposes:
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your reservation.
You may also receive an auto-generated e-mail confirmation when making a reservation on the Internet.
- Customer service: we use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- Urgent reason.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- Legal purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- Public Security: fulfilment of the public safety obligations provided for by Art. 109 of Royal Decree 773 dated 18 June 1931, that requires us to register and communicate to the Police Headquarters the personal details of our clients.
It may happen that you have to perform reception services before your arrival, such as receiving messages, parcels, bookings on your behalf, etc.
Therefore, if we do not receive any communication about it, we feel free to carry out these services.
When you visit our website, we collect information about how you use this websitee. Examples of such information include the Internet Protocol address automatically assigned to your computer each time you browse the Internet, the date and time of your visit, the pages you access and the amount of time you spend on each page, the type of Internet browser you use, your device’s operating system and the URL of any websites that you visited before and after visiting our website. That information is not linked to you as an individual, but we may keep records of the device being used.
Cookies and Other Similar Technology
We use cookie technology on our website to allow us to evaluate and improve the functionality of our websites. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to reveal your identity.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. It assigns your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to the Tourist House Ghiberti web site.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us to provide you with a customized experience without you having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our web pages. Cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
During their validity period, cookies are used to store status information when a browser accesses various pages of a website or when the browser returns to this website at a later point.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or leave the website
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until their expiration or until you delete them using the features of your browser
Cookies for features intended in particular to:
- Adapt the website to the display preferences of your device (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages based on the device you are using and its location, etc.).
- Store specific information that you enter on the website in order to facilitate and customize your subsequent visits (including displaying the visitor's first and last names if the visitor has a user account).
- Allow you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the login details or information that you previously entered.
Cookies for visitor tracking are aimed to improve the comfort of users by helping us understand your interactions with the website (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies may collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information in order to improve the relevance and usability of our services.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit the website, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page of the website, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described in section "Deleting and/or blocking cookies".
Deleting and/or blocking cookies
You have several options for deleting cookies and other tracers.
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
You can also set your browser to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. Your browser also allows you to regularly delete cookies from your device. Remember to configure all the browsers in your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
Regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. This is described in the Help menu of your browser, as well as how to edit your preferences with regard to cookies. For example:
For Internet Explorer™:https://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Saving a cookie to your device depends on your wishes, which you can exercise and change at any time and free of charge using the settings offered by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you view may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by their issuer.
However, you can set your browser to block cookies. Keep in mind that if you set your browser to block cookies, some features, pages and spaces on the Tourist House Ghiberti’s website will not be accessible, and we cannot be held responsible in this case.
Here is more information about certain of the tracking technologies and cookies we may use on the sites where this policy appears. We may use all of these third party tracking technologies to improve our site and the experience of our visitors, as described in more detail below.
- Google AdWords
We may use Google AdWords to help us deliver advertising and measure the effectiveness of our campaigns. We may also use this tool to collect location information, create audience segments, and for remarketing purposes.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about users. For example, we collect details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website. This may include user location information. We may use Google Analytics Advertising features for remarketing purposes.
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
We use these tracking tools to track user behavior over time and across third party sites to improve the effectiveness of our online advertising. We collect information about what ads users view and whether they click on the ads. We use this information to improve and customize our advertising.
- Google+ Platform
Google+ is, a social network owned by Google where users can assign people to different circles, such as friends, family, or acquaintances, and see various activity from the members of these circles. We reference our Google+ platforms using a small piece of HTML within our site’s code.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
In order to anticipate your needs, our website provides links to other web sites and third parties for your convenience and information.
If you click on a link found on our websites or on any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website. This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external websites before providing any personal information while accessing those websites.
Tourist House Ghiberti Srl takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.).
Because the security of your personal information is important to us, we use Secured Socket Layer (SSL) software in order to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us. If your browser is SSL enabled (which most are), your transmission of personal information to us online will be encrypted. You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using SSL encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using SSL encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”. If you do not see the appropriate symbol and the “https” prefix, you should not assume that the personal information that you are being asked to provide would be encrypted prior to transmission.
We will retain your personal information in paper and computerized form, for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, identified in 15 months.
In addition, we may share your information with other third parties where it is reasonably necessary or required in order to enter into or fulfill a contract with you and/or to reply to or take actions in response to your enquiries or requests, and as may be required to comply with applicable local laws.
- Company for our accounting
- Company that has created and manages our website
- Company that provides assistance to our computers
- Public security
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write us using the contact details below.
Tourist House Ghiberti Srl
Via M. Bufalini, 1 - Firenze Tel.&Fax +39 055 284858
"This translation is valid for information purposes, for the legal version please refer to the Italian text"